Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase..
The simplest way to add some extra appeal to your car is with a high-quality LED light strip. However, choosing the best light strip for your car can be challenging at times, given the many products available. That is why we have put together this buying guide. We present the best three products that provide great value for your money.
Best LED Light Strips Reviews & Recommendations 2020
Benefits of LED Light Strips
- Flexibility. One of the most important benefits of LED light strips is that they are flexible compared to traditional lights. Due to their flexibility, they can be attached to any surface, so you can use these in your car in any way you want.
- Easy installation. Installing LED light strips is not a difficult task and there is no technical knowledge required to install them. The installation instructions are quite easy to follow. All you need to do is connect the light to a power supply. Some LED light strips are self-adhesive, so they don’t need any brackets for installation.
- Safe to use. Another benefit of LED light strips is that they are safer to use and less risky. This is because these lights do not produce a lot of heat and become a potential fire hazard.
- Long-lasting. Compared to other lights, LED light strips are quite durable and long-lasting. Most LED lights can withstand harsh weather and are waterproof.
Types of LED Light Strips
DC LED Flex Strips
These are flexible strips that are mostly self-adhesive so they can be attached to any surface. They are powered from 12 volts of DC power. This type of light strip is mostly waterproof. They come in different lengths so it is important to verify the length before buying them. These strips can be cut per your requirements.
High Output LED Light Strips
This type of LED light strip is made with high power LEDs. They are not so flexible and need to be connected with a power adapter or charger. These strips generally come in a fixed length.
AC LED Flex Strips
These are also flexible LED light strips that are mostly self-adhesive. You just need to plug these in and they’ll be ready to use. They are also known as reeled strips because of their flexibility.
OPT7 was founded in 1998 in California and is one of the most recognized brands in automotive lighting. It specializes in automotive HID, light kits, SMD LED, LED strip kits, and LED lighting products. OPT7 continuously launches new products to make your ride look brighter. It is best known for its OPT7 Single Row Aura 4pc Auto Interior Lighting LED Strip.
Located in California, MICTUNING is a well-known brand name in the automotive lighting industry. It develops high-performing lighting kits for cars. One of its most popular products is the MICTUNING White LED Cargo Truck Bed Light Strip.
Govee is a relatively new company that makes lighting, home security, and thermometer equipment. However, it specializes in high-quality and durable LED lighting strips. The company’s best-seller is the Govee Unifilar Car LED Strip Light.
LED Light Strips Pricing
- $15-$45: The price depends on the LED light strip type, color, length, and other qualities such as self-adhesiveness. In this price range, you can get a waterproof light strip ranging from 30 to 70 inches.
- $45 and up: For longer strips, the price will increase. In this price range, you’ll pay for an LED light strip that is more than 70 inches in length.
LED light strips are available in warm colors as well as in different bright colors. They are also available in color-changing RGB LEDs. With different types of colors, your car interior can be customized and decorated in different ways. The LED strip lights for cars give an instant LED glow to your vehicle. The choice is based on preference.
Waterproof LED light strips have a thin silicone layer that makes them waterproof. Waterproof strips are important when it comes to an outdoor setting. To customize your car, it is recommended to use waterproof strips to avoid any hassle later.
- Length. You should know the desired length of LED light strips before you buy them for your car. For most LED types, the price depends on the length of the strip. Therefore, it is important to know how much length you need in order to save your money.
- Quality. Quality should also be an important consideration because you should invest your money in something that you trust. It is important to buy high-quality and durable light strips for your car so that you can use them for a long time.
Best LED Light Strips Reviews & Recommendations 2020
This high-quality single-row LED interior lighting strip is a great way to enhance the interior design of your car. It is quite easy to install because it comes with a simple plug-and-play option. Simply plug it in, place it on the desired area of your car, and that’s it. Its full spectrum of multiple colors makes it look very appealing. The best thing about this LED light strip is that it comes with a bass-activated technology. This means your light will flash with the beat of the music.
Another useful feature of this LED light strip is its flexibility. You can bend it or twist it in any way you want. Therefore, you can also use it on any surface you like. Its features give you an option to customize the interior of your car as per your preferences. You can control the settings of light and music by using wireless remote control. For maximum durability and usage, this LED light strip is waterproof. You can use it with complete peace of mind because it is safe and durable.
However, we found that due to its rubber backing, its light is not very sturdy. Apart from this, we also found that it does not have a manual feature for the flash setting. Some people prefer remote controls while some prefer manually controlling the settings, so for those people who like a manual setting feature, this might be a turnoff.
MICTUNING White LED Cargo Truck Bed Light Strip” />
The MICTUNING LED light strip comes with an on/off switch to control the settings. So, for those people who like to manually have control over their LED lights, this is a great addition. Apart from this, this LED strip can be easily mounted in your car. These car lights enhance the beauty of your car. This is a great light strip to use in areas where the weather is harsh. Because of the addition of IP67 sealed housing, this LED light is quite durable even in harsh weather.
This LED light strip is a long-lasting product that will last the lifetime of your car. It has a lifespan of 30,000 hours. For people who like to control the light settings using an IR remote, this LED light strip comes with a remote control that you can use to adjust the lights and music settings.
This light strip can be stuck to any part of the vehicle because it comes with reliable adhesive tape. So, installing this LED light strip properly, just the way you like it, is very easy.
Even though this is a great product, they look smaller than other LED light strips. You might also face some problems in using these lights in freezing weather.
- When buying a high-quality LED light strip, check if it is easy to install and fits your car. Some light strips have a steep learning curve.
- If you want to avoid trouble with police officers on the road, then only buy LED light strips that your state has approved for use in vehicles.
- Some LED light strips don’t perform well in extreme weather. Therefore, you should check that the light strip is weather resistant before placing your order.
Q: Why do I need an LED light strip for my vehicle?
A: An LED light strip adds more style to your car. It also makes you visible on the road, thereby reducing the risk of accidents.
Q: How long does a standard LED light strip last?
A: This will depend on the model of the LED light strip you purchase. Some of the best products in the market will last three years, which is an equivalent of 30,000 hours.
Q: Can I install an LED light strip by myself?
A: Yes. However, you may want to reach out to a professional for help with the installation. If you do want to install the light strips by yourself, then select a product with an easy setup.
When shopping for a quality LED Light Strip for your car, you want to pick one that provides all the essential features. We recommend the OPT7 Single Row Aura 4pc Auto Interior Lighting LED Strip as our best overall.
If you want to save a little money, then check out our best value pick, the MICTUNING White LED Cargo Truck Bed Light Strip. It comes with all the essential features you need while still saving you some bucks.